27. December 2010 20:45
television that teaches
Here are some recommended programs to VIEW with your child.
- Arthur What Scared Sue Ellen
- Cyberchase Spheres of Fear
- Word World Hoppin' with the Bug Band, Duck's First sleepover OR My Fuzzy Valentine
- Thomas and Friends Feeling
- Sesame Street Bird's Nest Sale OR Grouch News Network
- Super Why! Jack and the Beanstalk
an age-appropriate storybook on a similar topic
Select a story to READ with your child. Here are a few suggestions.
- Feelings by Aliki
- Glad Monsters, Sad Monster, a book about Feelings by Ed Emberley
- Today I Feel Silly, and Other Moods that Make My Day by Jamie Lee Curtis
a hands-on activity to reinforce learning
Select an activity to DO with your child. Here is a suggestion.
- Help your child create a paper bag monster that shows how they are feeling. Provide several items to help them create their Feelings Puppet (construction paper, glue, crayons, yarn, etc).
- Take your child on an Emotions Dress-Up hunt to find articles of clothing that help to express how they are feeling. Maybe it is a certain color, pattern, or texture. Maybe it a variety of types of clothing. Let them be creative and take a picture of their OUTFIT when you are done.